Here are two appetizer recipes for informal entertaining with friends. They are quick and easy and everyone will love them. I just made them and they were a hit.
Peach/Black Bean Salsa Scoops
1 cup diced peaches (cut into small pieces)
1 can black beans (rinsed)
2 tablespoons minced red onion
1 minced red garlic clove
salt and pepper to taste
1 bag of Tostitos tortilla scoops or any other brand you like. (scoops are easy to fill)
1. Mix all of the ingredients into a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Spoon salsa mixture into tortilla scoops and serve.
Quick and easy and very delicious!
1 can chickpeas, rinsed, drained and dried
1/4 cup olive oil
1. Start with dry chickpeas so they will crunch up.
2. Heat oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the chickpeas to pan and fry. Stir them until golden brown.
3. Using a slotted spoon, remove and place on a paper towel lined plate.
4. Repeat with the remaining chickpeas.
5. Season chickpeas with the smoked paprika and garlic salt.
Pair these appetizers with your favorite Pinot Grigio and you are good to go.
I chose Ecco Domani 2012. It was a perfect pairing for these light appetizers. Light bodied, fruity and smooth.