Blog Tour – No Weddings by Kat and Stone Bastion
Guest Post and Giveaway
Award-winning author Kat Bastion teams with her husband, Stone Bastion, in this first book in the No Weddings Series about Cade Michaelson, a successful man with his sights set on a new venture in business, and Hannah Martin, the woman who makes it personal.
I think I have my act together as a successful bar owner, my master’s degree within reach, and a list of no-strings-attached women warming my bed. Turns out, I don’t.
Hannah believes she has safeguarded her wounded heart by shunning men and focusing on her new baking business. The thing is, she hasn’t.
When my three sisters and I form an event-planning business with Hannah as our baker, I have no idea how my life is about to change. As Hannah and I work closely together, the attraction between us becomes irresistible. And complicated. I’ve promised my sisters I wouldn’t mix business with pleasure. But I’ve never been one to follow the rules.
Here is a fantastic Guest Post on Co-Authoring. Thanks to Kat and Stone for sharing!
Top 10 of Co-Authoring as Husband and Wife
What are our Top 10 of co-authoring as husband and wife?
- Laughter. Daily. Tons of hilarious moments make the writing process a blast.
- Healthy debates. One of us often felt strongly about something like a scene or marketing step. Great decisions were made when we fought for things we believed in.
- Creative banter. Knocking ideas around makes for fantastic improv scene creation.
- Teamwork. Writing is typically a solitary endeavor. The support of a writing partner in all areas, from writing and editing to promotion and administrative, is powerful.
- Demystifying Mars and Venus. We learn more about each other and the differences between men and women as we develop our characters.
- Sex scenes. Ummm… Yeah.
- Spending time together. Gone are the days where writing separates us. Now it brings us together.
- Splitting up and teaming up. Two minds can edit and blog post or write and send emails simultaneously. We also loved tackling various aspects like editing together, each bringing a valued opinion to decision making.
- Creativity 24/7. We can create anywhere and everywhere. Our iPhone Notes is well used.
- Keeping balance. We give each other gentle reminder to turn off the book thoughts. We write hard. Then we unplug and play hard.
During No Weddings release week, digital copies are only $0.99 and signed.
Add on Goodreads
You can read my 5 star review here.
Kat & Stone Bastion Bio:
Award-winning and bestselling romance author Kat Bastion has teamed up with her husband Stone Bastion to create the new contemporary romance series No Weddings.
A few factoids about the writing team…
Kat enjoys her chocolate rich and dark, her music edgy and soul-filling, and her vacations exotic with toes dug into the sand. And she’s wildly, madly, deeply in love with Stone.
Stone likes pounding the trails on a mountain bike, vibrating the sound system with rock music, and down time spent on a stand up paddleboard. And he loves Kat wildly, madly, deeply…and then some.
Together, they’re having a blast bringing fun-filled romantic stories to life and hope you’ll join them in the exciting adventure.
Kat’s first published work, Utterly Loved, was a twentieth anniversary gift of love poems to Stone that they decided to share with the world to benefit charity. Net proceeds from Utterly Loved, and a portion of net proceeds from all their books, go toward charities involved in the fight against human trafficking.
Kat and Stone live amid the beautiful Sonoran Desert of Arizona.